The Account Executive will develop, maintain, and grow executive level relationships with key business
stakeholders within their accounts. They will develop new business relationships with clients using a
solutions-based and consultative sales approach. They will develop and maintain a clear account
strategy that leads to achievement of specific objectives, while providing leadership for their team of
Account Managers, PMs, Designers, and Client Experience Specialists. This role will grow sales and
market share through prospecting, referrals, networking, and cold calling. They will promote products
and services to ensure client satisfaction from execution of sale through project completion. Account
Executives will be responsible for making sure at least 25% of their business was achieved through their own sales efforts (ie, not accounts given to them through other sources in the company.)
• Prospect, strategize and qualify new business opportunities through relationship building, cold &
warm calling, networking, and leveraging referrals.
• Manage executive level relationships in existing accounts to ensure client satisfaction and on-
going business relationships across the account including multiple locations and projects.
• Maintain close contact with key influencers within existing accounts as well as in the Bay Area.
• Develop a deep knowledge of all One Workplace products and service offerings and incorporate
those products and services into the Sales process within their accounts. These products and
services include but are not limited to furniture, construction, technology, services. (Selling the
Power of One)
• Market Visibility - Maintain awareness of key industry events and networking opportunities.
Actively participate in these activities on a regular basis to develop partnerships and promote One
Workplace products and service offerings
• Provide outstanding service and value through collaborative problem-solving and timely response
to client requests.
• Research product and services that appropriately address client’s needs, budget and timelines.
• Interface with vendors to understand product offerings, negotiate discounting terms and insure
• Partner with Creative Leadership to develop experiences and solutions that differentiate One
Workplace from competitors.
• Work closely with internal Design team to strategically develop specific product and service
solutions that satisfy the client while supporting the interest of One Workplace.
• Partner with a “franchise” team comprised of members of the Sales Support, Design, Project
Management and Operations divisions to successfully manage projects from inception to
• Partner with Sales Director to determine volume growth of the account through regular Salesforce
forecasting and projected annual projects. Maintain overall health and profitability of the account
through clear communication up and down stream.
• Understand client contracts and cooperative purchasing agreements that can be utilized to avoid
competitively bidding projects. Position and select appropriate agreements to meet client needs
and support the interest of One Workplace.
• Attend One Workplace sales meetings and training sessions and participate in team meetings and
events to promote team effectiveness and synergy.
• Participate in the collection of client and sales data to contribute to the creation of an accurate
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience
and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience interfacing with clients, vendors and internal departments desired
• Knowledge of manufacturer’s product and application, proven sales ability and general
understanding of business practices, pricing and discounting.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision, and independently apply
logical reasoning and sound judgment to solve problems and make decisions.
• Must be assertive, flexible, and have a strong sense of urgency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as good computer skills.
• Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully present
products and services.
• Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching (hand and finger dexterity).
• Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making and
• Must have reliable transportation to visit clients.
Regularly works with others face-to-face and over the phone. Occasionally works alone. Generally,
works in an office environment with moderate noise. May occasionally work remotely as needed and
Job Status - Exempt