San Francisco, Ca
Nestled in our five locations around the Bay Area, we create great spaces, and our offices are no exception. Standing desks, treadmill desks, a huddle room or lounge space – you choose how you work.
Our work culture believes in treating people like family and projects like relationships. We’ve always had confidence that it’s the environments where we spend most of our time that ultimately shape and bring the best in us. That is one of the reasons why we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Our people work on diverse projects that promote workplace happiness, productivity, and well-being – from Operations to Sales and Design. Come be a part of the fabric of One Workplace!
Works both independently and collaboratively with internal and external partners to develop creative interior space solutions to meet customer needs. Engages with customers at a high level to gather programmatic information, develop business relationships, and solve complex problems. Involved in design projects and related tasks from inception to final installation.
- Distill and synthesize project
- Engage with customer to gather project information (surveys, interviews, data collection, observations) and to uncover customer
- Partner with Sales on engagements with customers/A&D.
- Assist with customer engagements and
- Attend industry events.
- Develop peer networks with other design professionals.
- Perform field measurements and inventory
- Conduct product research and contact vendors for pricing and
- Specify furniture required per final furniture layouts and select furniture
- Produce and present design concepts to
- Generate, organize and maintain CAD/CET
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specification, and installation drawings. Draw, revise and plot design drawings.
- Develop validation packages and
- Assist with design proposals.
- Estimate budgetary hours and manage and monitor project
- May perform peer audits for other
- Serve as mentor to other designers as determined by level of
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior or Architectural Design, Associate Art’s degree or equivalent from a two- year college will be considered
- 3 – 5 -year’s related design experience
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) or National Architecture Board (NAB) accreditation preferred.
- Prior experience with system furniture products a plus
- Requires the ability to be optimistic, independent, and forward
- Must be a creative problem solver with an ability to navigate ambiguous
- Must believe in the ability of physical space to have a positive impact on the lives of others and possess an appreciation for Design Principles and Design Thinking Methodology.
- Proficiency in a variety of software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft CET Designer, 20/20 CAP, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign desired.
- Ability to apply commercial furniture products and systems
- Appreciation for Interior Design principles, to include: texture, color, form, function, materiality balance, rhythm, repetition, proximity, symmetry, biophilia, cognition and
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, deadline driven
- Must be cooperative and accommodating, with the ability to work with and learn from
- Understanding of ancillary furnishing and décor, as well as design thinking
- Ability to apply design practices as well as knowledge of building codes, regulations,
- Ability to provide friendly, professional service to internal staff and
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects, while taking ownership for project
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to provide solutions to client
- Ability to draw/sketch by
- Complex reading and writing skills.
- Ability travel to client sites around the Bay Area
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to transportation to client sites around the Bay Area
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity, and ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to get to project
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of
- Judgement/decision making, analysis/comprehension.
- Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through
- Generally, works in an office environment with moderate
- Nature of work may require time spent out of the office; reliable transportation required.
- Periodically works outside and may work around moving objects, dust and dirt.