Interior Design Training and Development Manager
Will be woring in all offices -
San Francisco, Oakland & Santa Clara
Interior Design Training and Development Managers are optimistic, patient, supportive, and knowledgeable mentors driven to help foster the growth and development of others. Interior Design Training and Development Managers are driven by a selfless sense of giving and the intrinsic satisfaction of helping others succeed. This is a strategic position implementing improvements in effectiveness, efficiency, and standardization. This position also serves to establish a warm, supportive, and successful on-boarding for new hires.
Responsibilities include: development and implementation of on-boarding processes; partnership with Talent Development and design leadership to create impactful learning and training programs; assessment of current areas for training and development; creation and implementation of training plans for new and current employees at all stages; tracking of learning and development achievements (Certifications, Qualifications, Courses, etc...); development and management of the ONE Academy learning platform; collaboration with Strategic Sourcing Manager to coordinate vendor learning and CEU opportunities; measuring success of learning engagements and programs.
Interior Design Training and Development Manager requires a working knowledge of instructional design theories, interior design practices and regulations, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline-driven environment.
- Develop and Manage New Hire On-Boarding Process
- Incorporate On-Boarding Best Practices
- Develop and Manage on-going Training and Dev. Program
- Develop and Manage One Academy Learning Platform
- Curate Available Learning & Training Opportunities
- Develop Instructor-Led, Virtual, and Experiential Courses
- Monitor Results and Learner Development (ROI)
- Monitor Learner Satisfaction
- Develop and Streamline Existing Standards & Protocols
- Partner with Talent Development Manager
- Partner with Process Improvement Specialist
- Partner with Studio West Training Academy
- Incorporate learning and Development Best Practices
- Serve as a Cultural Champion to Model Behavior
- Patient & Thorough
- Precise & Accurate
- Understands Rules and Protocols
- Bridge Builder
- Willingness to Learn from Others
- Willingness to Mentor and Teach Others
- Understanding of Instructional Design Theory
- Active Learning, Project (Discovery) Based Learning
Personalized Learning, Individualized Learning
Blooms Taxonomy, Situated Cognition Theory
Sociocultural Learning Theory, ADDIE Model, Merrill's Principle
- Appreciation for Interior Design Principles:
- Texture, Color, Form, Function, Materiality,
Balance, Rhythm, Repetition, Proximity, Symmetry,
Biophilia, Historical Precedent, Sustainability,
Gestalt, Symbolism, Cognition, Perception,
Cultural Anthropology & Ethnography
- Awareness of Interior Design Practices:
- State & Federal Codes, Regulations, ADA,
Egress, Occupancy, Compartmentalization
- Understanding of Commercial Furniture Products & Systems Furnishings
- Understanding of Ancillary Furnishings and Décor
- Understanding of the Design Thinking Methodology
- Manage Multiple Tasks to Meet Goals
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Complex Reading & Writing Skills
- Exceptional Presentation & Speaking Skills
- Understanding of Interior Design Research Methods
- Drawing / Sketching by Hand
- 5+ years of experience and Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- Associate Art’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school will be considered
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) or National Architecture Board (NAB) accreditation preferred.
- Prior experience with system furniture products a plus
- Alternative degree paths will be considered including: Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Human Relations, Education, Communications
- 2 or more professional certifications desired - (NCIDQ, CID, LEED AP, WELL AP, EDAC, 6 Sigma, PMI, etc.)
- Proficiency in a variety of software: AutoCAD, Configura CET, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign desired.
- Requires extreme attention to detail and ability to work in a deadline driven industry
- Ability to take direction and provide friendly, professional service to internal staff and clients
- Time management skills and ability to take ownership for project deliverables
- Good customer service skills
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity, and ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to get to project sites.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgement/decision making, analysis/comprehension
- Regularly works alone or may with others face to face, over the phone and through email.
- Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.
- Nature of work may require time spent out of the office at client location or other One Workplace offices. Periodically works outside and may work around moving objects, dust and dirt.