Senior Strategic Account Manager, Technology
Maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. Assigned to five to ten named customers, the Senior Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. Represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. Reports to the General Manager, Technology Division.
- Provides co-leadership and coordination, directly and/or indirectly, for the One Workplace team across multiple disciplines (CFT).
- Gathers detailed information about accounts, identifies decision-makers, understands strategic business challenges and priorities, and takes the lead in analyzing information and prioritizing opportunities critical to the accounts
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow the organization’s business; developing proposals, executing contracts; and account forecasting
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one to five-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- May have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or related area) with a minimum of 5 years industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Business development experience highly preferred
- Proven experience managing large scale accounts with general understanding of business practices, pricing and discounting
- High degree of interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills, with ability to present products and services
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative skills and a high level of stress tolerance
- Clear understanding of industry sales process and working knowledge of One Workplace systems and processes
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a sales team environment, as well as with vendors and clients
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to confidently make technical recommendations and provide solutions to client needs
- Requires self-motivation with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply logical reasoning, creative problem solving and sound business judgment
- Demonstrated workplace technologies proficiencies
Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, and hand and finger dexterity. Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension.
Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise. Work involves traveling to client sites. May work around moving objects, dust and dirt while on a project site.
Job Status - Exempt