Responsible for the timely and accurate shipping, receiving and physical movement of product to and from storage locations.
- Performs accurate pulls and puts product away.
- Inspects cartons/product for damages and notes on receiving paperwork.
- Reads and processes work orders to customer requirements.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance of physical inventories.
- Enters proper information into automated hand held unit to ensure proper inventory updates.
- Cleans, stages and tags product for outgoing orders.
- Loads (lift, maneuver) and moves (push, pull) product though warehouse and into/from trailers.
- Maintains a safe work area by sweeping, dusting, and removing (picking up) waste material.
- Verifies and signs for deliveries at receiving dock.
- Assembles product to client specifications.
- May assist in training of new employees.
- Fully complies with the company’s safety instructions and procedures, including timely reporting of any accidents, injuries or incidents involving physical injury or illness.
Additionally for Asset Team:
- Verifies received quantities of product and physically sorts and counts products by like item to ensure accurate inventory.
- Create, edit and maintain detailed client asset inventory reports to include dimensional characteristics, unique item conditions and vendor codes.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1+ years previous experience in warehouse and/or inventory control operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified, or ability to be certified for forklift and order picker operation
- Familiar with operating non-power equipment (pallet jacks, carts, hand trucks)
- Familiar with quality standards and inspection techniques
- Good organizational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be able to work under pressure in deadline driven situations
Additionally for Asset Team:
Knowledge of multiple office furniture systems, including assembly, terminology and functionality. Experience with Steelcase products desired
Knowledge of or ability to learn asset management software
Familiar with MS Office programs
Experience with web based and catalog resources to identify all required specifics for client assets
Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
Generally works in a warehouse environment with moderate noise, changing temperatures,
and around mechanical equipment and moving objects. May be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around dirt/dust.
Job Status – Non-Exempt