Business Intelligence and Analytics Analyst
On-Site at a Client Site - Sunnyvale
The Business Intelligence and Analytics Analyst is accountable to make data accessible for better business decisions. Provides visibility and recommendations on key metrics, performance, and opportunities for scale and growth in building outstanding workplace for our client/partners. Collaborates with Business Intelligence teams from client and other onsite vendors to shape and develop data architecture. Build prototype solutions and automate or improve existing operations. Key advisor to Account Director and management team.
- Own client/partner and management team’s relationship to understand business problems and processes and how data can be applied and create appropriate analyses and tools to address them.
- Provide management and stakeholders with business analysis to assist, shape and drive the development of BI infrastructure and tools.
- Accountable for providing direction, which includes design and discovery of data integration, data warehousing and reporting, and analytics platforms.
- Drive decisions that will provide knowledge, experience, and judgment to determine a scalable BI strategy that enables Account Management team to make data-driven decisions based on client/partner’s information needs.
- Customize communication and output to a wide variety of audiences - internal and onsite client/partners.
- Responsible and accountable to provide interpretation of analyses along with clearly-stated information, representing both the team and leadership.
- Analyze data to gain business intelligence for knowledge-based decision making that will influence business decisions or workplace experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in manipulating and curating data from a variety of systems.
- At least 5 years’ experience engaging with stakeholders while effectively managing scope in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with product management (i.e. taking a data product or tool from initial scoping to delivery and adoption)
- Data warehousing experience (e.g. storage methods/formats, data modeling, architecture and design).
- Experience creating visualizations and dashboards that surface business insights.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences and to respond dynamically to questions and comments from leadership.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) or Google Suite.
- Proficiency in data management/IT/database skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and documentation experience required.
- Works with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
- Furniture services experience preferred.
- Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email.
- Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.
- Nature of work may require working sometimes outside business hours depending on deliverables.