Overview: Regional Sales Representative
The position of Regional Sales Representative has the primary responsibility for achieving sales and profit targets for their region. They will be responsible for establishing and implementing a distribution and marketing strategy. The RSR will promote the Pair brand and capabilities within the design community, dealer distribution and alongside independent representative partners. They will train and onboard dealers and independent reps to promote the brand, specify and sell the line. The RSR will lead projects and develop sales strategy for each client-specific opportunity. The position will be required to collaborate and work internally with the inside sales team, design, operations and marketing departments in order to optimize client satisfaction. This position will also regularly interface and communicate directly with the members of the Pair leadership team in regularly scheduled staff and other designated leadership team meetings aimed at assessing and improving the financial and operational performance of the company.
- Achieving and exceeding annual sales goals for the region.
- Promote the brand within the design community by networking, lunch and learns, and events.
- Develop new business through marketing and promotional efforts by developing and maintaining relationships with key industry influencers.
- Collaborate and work with dealer distribution partners. Involves aligning with dealer sales leadership on the promotion of the brand within their organization and in their market.
- Work with dealer on a dealer plan to set joint objectives; such as promotional, marketing events, training, showroom displays.
- Train dealer sales personnel on how to position, sell and specify the Pair line.
- Prospect, qualify sales opportunities. Collaborate with dealer partner on projects and promotion.
- Align Pair people and resources with the market opportunities and distribution.
- Develop an individual sales pipeline of prospects and opportunities in the region.
- Manage sales pipeline, accurately forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly sales reports.
- Work closely with Supply Chain & Estimator to accurately communicate customer needs and produce project quotes.
- Provide detailed feedback to Design/Engineering based on what is needed / requested in the market.
- Research and provide an analysis of the competition which identifies competitive advantages, disadvantages and company strengths and weaknesses.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business (preferred) or a minimum of 5-years of Sales work-related experience; prior working experience with commercial office furniture businesses preferred; prior knowledge of office furniture a plus; thorough knowledge of systems products a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to provide friendly, professional service to Pair staff and clients
- Must be self-motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension
- Strong attention to detail
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem- solving skills; planning and organizational skills
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Ability to sit for extended periods
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching (dexterity)
Regularly works with a Team and may work alone at times. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.
Job Status: Exempt