Construction Contract Administrator
Santa Clara, CA
Responsible for supporting the One Workplace Construction Solutions Division construction project management team, as well as performing construction administrative tasks. Primary role is assisting the project managers throughout the life cycle of the project. Works in conjunction with the business development to provide customer service, convert and track orders, and service small accounts.
- Understand construction contracts and financials
- Setup vendors and customers in internal system
- Assist Business Development with product research, pricing and lead-time information for daily quote requests or budgeting
- Generate quotes and help manage construction budgets
- Convert quotes to orders with alignment to contracts
- Track all aspects of orders, as relates to vendor ship/arrival dates
- Communicate delivery status to internal team members and outside installation companies via forms or in excel, email or over the phone
- Assist with reimbursing employees for expenses and assign costs to appropriate projects and orders.
- Collects timesheet from designer and project managers and reports to Studio West.
- Respond to all customers immediate needs and may act as a primary contact for incoming calls/emails for quote or order requests.
- Maintain on-going client relationship and provide general customer service as needed
- Creates and maintains daily, weekly and monthly status and billing reports in conjunction with Construction Billing Specialist
- Attend OWP meetings and training sessions; participate in team and other company meetings and events to promote team effectiveness and synergy
- Requires self-motivation with strong interpersonal skills and ability to ask pertinent questions to determine client needs.
- Ability to learn/understand Procore & ProEst (Construction Software)
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be assertive, flexible, and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Committed to supporting Sales Team goals
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and foster both internal and external relationships
- Must be able to effectively solve problems and make decisions in the best interest of One Workplace and the client
- Familiarity with proposal and bid process desired
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office systems with ability to learn internal systems
- Must have an understanding of general business practices
- May occasionally need reliable transportation to go to client sites
- Seeing, hearing, color perception, clear speech
- Ability to move distances within the office and warehouse
- Complex reading and writing, basic math skills
Regularly works alone and with others in person, over the phone and via email.
Generally, works in an office environment around moderate noise.
Occasionally may work in the warehouse around loud noises and/or work at client site
Job Status – Non-Exempt