Account Manager - San Francisco
Works with Account Executives to manage existing client base and identify new sales opportunities. This position reports directly to the Sales Director and is chiefly responsible for promoting products and services to ensure client satisfaction from a retention perspective, consistently messaging and communicating the One Workplace brand.
- Manage existing accounts to ensure client satisfaction and on-going business relationships.
- Understand key trends and important issues in the market.
- Develop a deep knowledge of product and service offerings.
- Provide outstanding service and value through collaborative problem-solving and timely response to client requests.
- Research product and services that appropriately address client’s needs, budget and timelines.
- Interface with vendors to understand product offerings, negotiate discounting terms and insure product availability.
- Partner with a “franchise” team comprised of members of the Sales Support, Design, Project Management and Operations divisions to successfully manage projects from inception to completion; manage project pipeline and work with internal teams to insure timely completion of deliverables.
- Partner with Sales/Design/Marketing/Graphics on the preparation of budgets, bids and proposals. Collaboratively develop presentation formats and approve final bid package.
- Review and understand client contracts and cooperative purchasing agreements utilized to avoid competitively bidding projects.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred; 3 years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s product and application, proven sales abilities and general understanding of business practices, pricing and discounting
- Prior commercial furniture experience desired, as well as knowledge of the dealership world
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal/communication skills and ability to successfully present products and services
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a sales team environment, as well as with vendors and clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in a variety of software: Microsoft office suite, CRM experience desirable
- Exceptional customer service skills with a passion to provide solutions to client needs
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, and hand and finger dexterity
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension.
Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email. Generally works in an office environment with moderate noise. Work involves traveling to client sites. May work around moving objects, dust and dirt while on a project site.
Job Status - Exempt