Accounts Payable Specialist
Processes a high volume of daily A/P invoices and twice weekly check runs. Assists vendors with issues, reports and filings. Collaborates with the Finance Team on audits, compliance and meeting fiscal deadlines.
- Process a high volume of A/P invoices (1,500 – 3,000 per month) and twice weekly check runs (checks, ACH, wires).
- Maintains accurate A/P records and files to ensure compliance with IRS rules.
- Works with both internal and external customers to resolve problems in a professional and timely manner.
- Assists with annual audit and PBC’s, as well as month end closing.
- Prepares annual filing of 1099s for vendors and partners.
- Assists in developing appropriate policies and controls for entire payables process.
- Monitors and reconciles A/P aging and Vendor Deposit Report.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Process check requests, Vendor Deposits and credit card bills.
- Responds to all vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policies and accepted accounting practices.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
Associates Arts degree, with courses in accounting preferred, plus 3-5 years’ experience in an accounts payable role.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures and financial chart of accounts
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, strong typing skills and ability to learn internal systems
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Requires understanding of general business practices
- Must be an effective problem solver and have ability to make decisions
- High attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness required
- Must be assertive, flexible, and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Sitting for long periods of time operating computer
- Seeing, hearing, color perception, clear speech
Regularly works alone and with others in person, over the phone and via email. Generally, works regular business hours in an office environment around moderate noise.
Job Status – Non-Exempt