Responsible for all areas of accounting including; Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory, and generation of the company financial statements, along with various tax reporting and compliance.
- Responsible for the management of staff within area of responsibility. Will provide direction and leadership; anticipate issues; identify solutions and ensure compliance with financial procedures.
- Directs month-end close; analyzes financial and operating statements to ensure integrity and assist in assessment of company’s position as it relates to sales, profit levels and expenses.
- Directs any change in accounting methods as it relates to tax or financial reporting.
- Monitor cash flow and serve as treasury representative with the company’s financial institution.
- Assists with the development of operational procedures to obtain optimum efficiency and reduce costs.
- May directly participate in all aspects of general accounting activities.
Master’s Degree or CPA (preferred), or equivalent plus a minimum of 10 years related experience, with a minimum of 5 years managerial experience. Requires experience with process and system analysis, redesign and documentation and work experience in a high growth environment.
- Familiarity with general sales tax regulations, primarily California
- Experience in general accounting and general ledger management
- Knowledge of credit and collections and accounts payable process
- Independent decision-making ability using sound judgement and analysis
- Ability to comprehend complex technical issues and meet deadlines
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with all levels of personnel and internal/external customers
- Must have a professional demeanor and be customer focused
May sit or stand for long periods of time
Regularly works with others face to face, via email or over the phone. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.
Job Status - Exempt