Cost Estimator - Pair
Working on the supply chain and finance team, the Estimator is responsible for gathering and organizing the information necessary to generate budgets and quotes for projects. Working with management, the Estimator will compile costs and calculate profitability for projects and products and generate the quotes. They will organize the most up to date data and vendor information necessary to process orders and issue Purchase Orders. They will audit the pricing and specifications prior to hand off for issuance of a Purchase Order. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
- Will organize and develop quotes from vendors to price products and projects.
- Estimator is responsible for the accuracy of quotes.
- Ensures the profitability of a projects.
- Follows profitability guidelines and works with sales leadership and supply chain management to develop quotes that align with the financial targets and sales strategy for a project or account.
- Analyzes vendor and supplier financials.
- Will work with the team to price freight and logistics.
- Organize vendor quotes and estimates to support the accurate pricing and ordering of product components.
- BA/BS in Business, Operations or related discipline or equivalent experience;
- 1-3+ years of experience in manufacturing operations.
- Must have excellent financial, organizational skills and have an analytical mindset.
- Estimator must also be thorough and apt in managing relationships with internal and external clients.
- Knowledge of research and data analysis methods and financial formulas.
- Sense of urgency.
- Seeing, hearing, color perception, clear speech
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to move distances within the office and warehouse
- Ability to climb stairs while carrying items
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Complex reading and writing, basic math skills
Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email. Generally, works in an open office environment with moderate noise. Nature of work may require working off hours.
Job Status – Non-Exempt