Design Auditor / Design Support
Verify the accuracy of design projects, including quantities, finishes, integrity of design, product application, and code compliance, and compare drawings (plans) to product specifications. May provide design support and services to assist Designers and Sales personnel to meet project goals and deadlines. Includes assisting with specifications, presentation development, file management, and research, as needed.
- Audits drawings, specifications and other documents provided to ensure the accuracy of the products to be ordered.
- Ensures that all data specified in the worksheet is indicated on the floor plan and vice versa.
- Responsible for calling out errors and communicating the findings to the Designers.
- Ensures information supplied, such as field measurements and inventory of existing furniture are both accurate and complete.
- Informs designers of important product information and keeps records of information for future reference.
- Communicates directly with Designers to ensure understanding of the audit scope and deliverables and clarifies any questions.
- Input hours worked on individual projects into department database on a daily basis
- Plot drawings
- May assist Designers with furniture inventory, field verifications and/or basic AutoCAD drawing revisions.
- May organize project and furniture specification information in project spreadsheet.
- May collect product images and assists with generating PowerPoint presentations
- May assist with the documentation of ancillary products
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university. An Associate Arts Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school will be considered; design experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of office furniture desired, knowledge of systems products a plus
- Requires extreme attention to detail and ability to work in a deadline driven industry
- Ability to take direction and provide friendly, professional service to internal staff and clients
- Must be assertive, flexible, and have a strong sense of urgency
- Time management skills and ability to take ownership for project deliverables
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgement/decision making, analysis/comprehension.
- Knowledge of building codes desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- May occasionally need reliable transportation to go to client sites
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity, and ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to get to project sites around the Bay Area
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Regularly works alone or may with others face to face, over the phone and through email. Generally works in an office environment with moderate noise. Nature of work may require time spent out of the office. Periodically works outside and may work around moving objects, dust and dirt.
Job Status: Non-Exempt