Manager, Furniture Services Project Management
Oversee the On Site Furniture Project Management (PM) and Ticket Coordination teams on site at a client’s location. The PM Manager is to lead and motivate a team of ~15 HC to ensure furniture projects are managed and coordinated through each phase, such as reconfigurations, multi/full-floor resets, Moves/Adds./Changes (MACs), etc.. Ensure that furniture work tickets are assigned, dispatched, and/or resolved that meet and/or exceed established SLAs/KPIs. Must be experienced and well versed in project management, safety and codes. Must have a demonstrated experience in effective people management and customer relations. Must possess exceptional furniture PM skills and diverse furniture product knowledge of various furniture manufacturers that focus on corporate/tech/lab environments. As Manager, you are responsible for the overall leadership and effectiveness of your internal team - you are a positive force who leads by example,
has a sense of ownership, with a can-do attitude. You are both a strategic and a tactical thinker, keeping the big picture understanding in mind.
● Manage the teams of PMs and Work Ticket Coordinators with a collaborative leadership style that puts
value on relationships and high-touch customer focus.
● Responsible for setting, guiding, advising and implementing furniture installation solutions, as well as for
the overall administration and organization of end-to-end communication with the installation and
● Maintain knowledge of the product offerings in use, in inventory, on campus, and in new building plans.
● Deliver projects in a manner that creates the highest performing work environments possible by designs
that foster employee productivity, health, comfort, and happiness.
● Conduct final walk-through with required parties, develop and resolve open issues/punch lists, and
complete project close-out documentation.
● Represent OWP Management at client & vendor project planning meetings.
● Analyze overall project performance data to determine optimization/improvement opportunities.
● Responsible for making informed decisions, exercising prudent judgment with minimal guidance.
● Cultivate partnership relationships among clients, onsite vendors, manufacturer reps and with pertinent
internal One Workplace teams.
● Oversee budgets/quotes, track and maintain project budgets to actuals.
● Responsible for support and successful execution of department goals for the business unit.
● Serves as PM on selected projects—ability to execute intended design solutions, being mindful of
clients’ needs and vision, safety requirements, project budget, schedule, and site issues.
● Understands and enforces conditions of client contract/SOW. Mindful of additional project scope in
services opportunities and fee service augmentation, and work with manager to cultivate new business
● Responsible for support and successful execution of department goals.
● Direct oversight and coordination of all third-party firms (Architecture and Construction trades; Design
firms, contractors, cabling vendors, building managers, electricians, and other trades, client’s
facility managers, and IT groups, movers, etc).
● Maintain detailed project documentation of key project decisions and customer/project
● Provide timely, formal written communication throughout project, disseminating important information
to project team.
● Leads “lessons learned” Project reviews and critiques, document and communicate findings, modify
processes as necessary toward continuous improvement
● Acts as single point of contact for all departmental processes, procedures and ongoing revisions, and
ensure staff is fully trained and in timely manner.
● Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with Occupancy Planners,
Designers, Installers, Warehouse and customers.
● Demonstrated ability to assess, mentor, train, and develop PMs and Ticket Coordinators.
● Prepares and delivers staff performance evaluations; responsible for performance development,
● Perform labor allocation modeling and analyses, provide staffing recommendations and associated
cost/savings and/or process efficiencies impacts to the business. Able to manage overtime (OT)
● Participates in interviews and recruiting of staff.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● 10 plus years’ experience with commercial furniture installation and project management.
● 5+ years supervisory experience required.
● Prior experience with system furniture products and/or dealership experience desired.
● Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constant interruptions
and changing priorities.
● Proficiency in a variety of software: AutoCAD, CET/Cap Studios, Hedberg, Google Slides, Google Docs,
GMail, with understanding of graphic design.
● Ability to run multiple, myriad projects in commercial/tech/lab environments
● Thorough knowledge of project management practices and ability to juggle multiple deliverables to
● Requires extreme attention to detail and ability to work in a deadline-driven industry
● Exceptional customer relationship skills with ability to provide solutions for an assortment of client
● Working knowledge of construction methodology and the trades, e.g. electrical, cabling, AV
● Open-minded and flexible, able to lead through change, enforce adherence to policies & procedures.
● Proven ability to prioritize oneself and the work of others in order to meet deadlines and provide high
quality service to client.
● Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity, and ability to move
distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to get to project sites.
● Ability to work on site full-time; some weekends and early mornings as needed.
● Proficient in English language (reading, writing, speaking).
● Speaking proficiency of Spanish is desired.
● Regularly works onsite with others face-to-face, as well as via call-in meetings and email.
● Generally, works in a fast-paced, fun office environment with moderate noise.
● Nature of work may require some time spent out of the office, local travel.
Job Status - Exempt