On-Site Warehouse Coordinator
Coordinates daily activities of on-site furniture warehouse facility; to include storage and distribution. Assists Warehouse Manager/Supervisor in daily tasks and/or current projects.
- Ensures rapid, accurate movement and processing of product and/or paperwork
- Tracks inventory with Snap Tracker, produces inventory reports when requested and initiates reordering of furniture as necessary.
- Ensures effective work methods, procedures, and controls to achieve accurate and safe completion of assigned work and paperwork.
- Evaluates and implements alternative methods, as necessary, to ensure completion of assigned work.
- Maintains warehouse in a safe and organized manner.
- Support Furniture Installation Team’s requirements and schedules. Takes direction from lead installers for loading, transport, unloading, staging, stripping, assembly and movement of furniture. Install (assemble) furniture, bother modular and freestanding in compliance with manufacturers design (blueprint) specifications.
- Serves on committees and task forces as necessary, and assists with other projects, functions and tasks as assigned.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); 3+ years previous experience in a warehouse environment. Must have at least 2 years of Reach Truck forklift experience.
- Knowledge of basic warehouse functions
- Familiar with operating non-power equipment (pallet jacks, carts, hand trucks), and tools used in warehouse operations
- Familiar with quality standards and inspection techniques
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under pressure in deadline driven situations
- Knowledge of multiple office furniture systems desired, including assembly, terminology and functionality.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn asset management software
- Familiar with MS Office programs
- Ability to use judgment to make decisions
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include overtime and/or working a different shift to meet the needs of the customer
Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds. Must be physically able to become licensed to operate material handling equipment at elevated locations.
Generally works in a warehouse environment with moderate noise, changing temperatures,
and around mechanical equipment and moving objects. May be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around dirt/dust.
Job Status – Non-Exempt