Sr Furniture Project Manager
On-Site at a Cliet Site, Sunnyvale
Functions as the primary client facing contact for projects by managing moderate to large-scale projects from beginning to completion, with an emphasis on budget management and customer service. Works to ensure smooth workflow and completion of project, while interfacing with internal departments, clients, and other professionals.
● High level of customer-facing interaction and communication.
● Act as main point of contact for the customer for all project communications during the project process for medium to large size projects who’s lifespan may last several months.
● Develop work plan, schedules, and logistics, and organize deliveries based on overall project parameters, project schedule and scope, and customer goals.
● Serve as single point of contact and coordinate with all third party firms (Architecture & Design firms, contractors, cabling vendors, building managers, electricians, and other trades, client’s facility managers, and IT groups, movers, etc).
● Maintain detailed project documentation of key project decisions and customer/project requests/revisions.
● Provide timely and formal written communication throughout projects and disseminate all critical information to clients and project teams.
● As needed, review plans and specifications for accuracy, completeness, and correctness, and correct product application prior to order placement.
● Plan and supervise product delivery and installation, including performance of work,
installation administration, and timeliness of task completion.
● Conduct final walk through with required parties, develop and resolve open issues/punch list, and complete project close out documentation.
● Assist in establishing fees and producing professional, accurate quotations that protect the profit margin. Manages project hours to budgeted hours to ensure project profitability.
● Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long term goals.
● Experience with process improvement.
● Proven ability to integrate frequent changes in scope into project planning.
● Responsible for coordination of moves of over (100) clients.
● Excellent client-facing communication and negotiation skills.
Knowledge of all aspects of contract furniture management, including; account management,project management, order preparation and management, installation, relocations, storage management and contract furniture administration..
●Knowledge of all aspects of contract furniture management, including; account management,project management, order preparation and management, installation, relocations, storage management and contract furniture administration.
Knowledge of interior construction, interior design, moves and relocations, truck, furniture manufacturing and shipping, building management and current workplace issues.
● General understanding of furniture product utilization, including architectural integration with the ability to manage small to medium projects.
● Very good product and technical knowledge, including applicable building codes, correct product applications, custom applications and pricing, price estimating and solicitation, and electricity and cabling requirements.
● Ability to read blueprints, conduct field verifications, site measurements and furniture/site surveys.
● Very good project estimation and budget management skills.
● Must be extremely organized, with good time management skills and the ability to work
independently with minimal guidance.
● Must be able to analyze and problem solve, even with significant ambiguity.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Proficient in office productivity applications (email, spreadsheets, presentations, docs, prefer
Google apps). and PlanGrid or similar.
● Ability to negotiate deliverables in a favorable fashion for project team and clients.
● Strong skill set working with teams of varying degrees of experience/competency.
● Experience in working independently and closely in a team environment.
● CAD experience preferred.
● Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity, and ability to
move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to get to project sites.
Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email. Generally works in an office environment with moderate noise. Nature of work may require working off hours and significant time spent (50%) out of the office. Periodically works outside and may work around moving objects, dust and dirt.
Job Status - Exempt