Directs, leads, manages and controls all business operational aspects of Installation, Delivery,
Service, Billing, Scheduling and Financials for the Customer on-site at a location in Silicon
Valley. Will identify and drive opportunities, strategies and business operations that will meet
the needs of the customer’s goals and priorities. Oversee the On Site Installation & Delivery and
Warehouse (Ops) team at a customer’s location. The Ops Manager is to lead and drive the business for a team of ~60-70 HC to ensure furniture installation projects are managed and coordinated through each phase. Ensure that furniture-related work tickets are assigned, dispatched, and/or resolved that meet or exceed established SLAs/KPIs. Must be well versed in project management, customer relations, safety and codes. Must possess exceptional furniture PM skills and product knowledge of various furniture manufacturers that focus on corporate/tech/lab environments. As Manager, you are responsible for the overall leadership and effectiveness of your internal team you are a positive force who leads by example, has a sense of ownership, with a can-do attitude. You are both a strategic and a tactical thinker.
● Oversees the operations scheduling process for internal, supplemental and subcontracted
● Forecasts and monitors daily, weekly and monthly operating performance of Dispatchers’ and
Scheduler’s workloads to ensure service standards are achieved.
● Reviews departmental performance, analyzes results, and provides bi-weekly reports or updates
to Director of On Site Services.
● Manages financial budgets of installations projects, monitors results, expenses, profits and
● Track financial quotes, inventory levels and reuse of existing inventory. Recommend cost
savings opportunities and report performance to Director of On Site Services.
● Responsible to provide data for Quarterly Business Reviews that reflect project outcomes,
Warehouse KPI’s and wins.
● Assist with the training program manager to, develops, advises and supports supervisors
through delegation, coaching, motivating and listening. Defines and establishes responsibilities,
goals, objectives and training for supervisors and subordinates.
● Responsible for hiring and staffing needs for the Warehouse, Installation and Operations
● Assists managers and supervisors in establishing and executing work procedures and process
● Responsible for department timekeeping and payroll deadline submittal and accuracy. Manage and
minimize Dispatchers and Schedulers overtime hours.
● Ensures “lessons learned” reviews and critiques, document and communicate findings, modify
processes as necessary toward continuous improvement.
● Acts as single point of contact for all departmental processes, procedures and ongoing
revisions, and ensure staff is fully trained and in timely manner.
● Manages performance reviews and corrective action efficiently and effectively.
● Perform additional tasks and projects as assigned by the Director of On Site Services.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; 7-10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
● Proven management and leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop others.
● Build strong relationship with Customer/end users.
● Must be extremely organized, with good time management skills and the ability to work
Requires self-motivation and initiative
● Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
● Must be able to analyze and problem solve, even with significant ambiguity.
● Proficient in all Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
● Proven ability to model business/labor scenarios and provide solid recommendations based on data.
● Extensive industry knowledge and knowledge of installation, warehouse and transportation
● Ability to comprehend and analyze detailed financial reports, data and warehouse inventory min-max levels.
● Proficient knowledge of commercial furniture, installation best practices and warehouse management.
● Ability to speak Spanish is desired.
● Demonstrated ability to assess, mentor, train, and develop PMs and Ticket Coordinators.
● Prepares and delivers staff performance evaluations; responsible for performance development,
● Perform labor allocation modeling and analysis, provide staffing recommendations and associated
cost/savings and/or process efficiencies impact to the business. Able to manage OT responsibly.
● Participates in interviews and recruiting of staff.
● Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity, and ability to move
distances within and between warehouses/offices
● Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
● Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgement/decision making, analysis/comprehension
Generally works in an office environment with moderate noise. Travel to other offices and Warehouse as needed.
Job Status - Exempt