Supervises all field employees to include Installation Leads and Installers. Ensures high quality installations in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications, while exceeding customer’s expectations and meeting budgets.
- Attend pre-install meetings and job walks to determine manpower and best utilization of resources for maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct daily filed job audits and ensures that all company and departmental processes and procedures are met.
- Utilizes and develops job packet information to make improvements in the communication and quality of installation work in order to better support our internal departments and clients.
- Assists Installation billing with post installation packets to ensure capturing all potential billings.
- Takes an active, improvement role in “maximizing resources” meetings with service and delivery twice per week.
- Trains lead installers on planning, paperwork, cost management, installation and on-site leadership. Also trains, mentors and develops all levels of installation crew.
- Ensures job profitability by…..
- Directly involved in counseling employees and provides feedback for performance reviews.
- Responsible for overall safety of department personnel and compliance with OSHA and local safety codes.
High School diploma or general education degree; and 10 to 20 years previous experience as a Lead Installer.
- Ability to read and interpret furniture installation drawings and blueprints
- Knowledge of and experience with project cost management
- Ability to lead and train a crew of installers
- Experience with complex product cutting or modification
- Ability to assess site conditions and plan accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn internal system
- Strong judgment/decision skills
- Extensive knowledge of furniture installation and the furniture industry
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk distances within the warehouse, office and client locations
- Job involves bending, stooping, climbing, mount and dismount forklift/truck
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech
Regularly works alone or with others, has both face to face and over the phone contact with others, works around electrical equipment. Occasionally works a different shift, may work inside or outside in extreme hot or cold, may work around noise and mechanical equipment, moving objects, fumes/odors and dust/dirt.
Job Status – Non-Exempt