Industrial Designer, Account Manager - Pair
The Industrial Designer/ Account Manager will co-develop client relationships with dealer business partners. Act as a design resource for dealer sales people, seeking out opportunities to engage with both them and their clients. The Industrial Designer/ Account Manager, will use design capabilities to advance relationships by developing client specific solutions. Maintain and grow current business and sales opportunities with dealer and accounts. Establish account strategy, maintain account plans and execute against plan.
- Maintaining and developing business and relationships with accounts, partnering with dealer sales and sales management.
- Engage with dealers, outside designers and clients, to co-design and develop client solutions.
- Planning and establishing the fiscal year sales targets and gross profit; coordinating pricing and responses to RFQ’s/ RFPs (request for quotation/ request for proposal); be involved in managing projects, developing opportunities, expanding and coordinating all levels of relationships with A&D, dealer customer and end-user customers. Strategize with dealer sales to ensure alignment around overall account and opportunity strategy.
- Planning and coordinating activities for Key Accounts together with Pair product/ industrial design and Pair marketing resources.
- Create and maintain projects in our Project Management software. Maintaining overview of active projects with the overall Pair team.
- Leading new product/solution development/introduction with Key Accounts.
- Maintaining a high frequency of face-to-face interaction with clients and dealer business partners.
Bachelor’s of Industrial Degree (BID) from a four-year college or university; at least three or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be assertive, flexible, able to delegate work and have a strong sense of urgency. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as good computer and leadership skills are also necessary.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully present products and services.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s product and application, proven sales ability and general understanding of business practices, pricing and discounting are also required. Ability to apply logical reasoning, creative problem solving and sound business judgment.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that includes a high degree of detail work. Will interface with clients, vendors and all internal departments, working with minimum supervision and/or direction.
Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech and touching (hand and finger dexterity). Complex reading and writing, basic math skills, judgement/decision making and analysis/comprehension.
Regularly works with others face-to-face and over the phone. Occasionally works alone. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.
Job Status- Exempt