Responsible for checking out and the return of supplies, tools and equipment used on job sites. Oversees the files for the maintenance and repair of company trucks.
- Check equipment and tools in and out and track usage on a daily basis.
- Assist with getting trucks on the road in the morning for deliveries and installations.
- Deliver equipment and trucks to job site.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is repaired and/or replaced as needed.
- Pick up tools and supplies as needed.
- Oversee and maintain files for vehicle inspection reports.
- Ensure all trucks are stocked with standard equipment and required safety equipment.
- Schedule and pick up all trucks and company vehicles for service or repair.
- Participates in rotating weekend coverage by being on call to assist in equipment and warehouse pull needs.
- Provide backup coverage for Swing Shift Lead and Lead Equipment Coordinator.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of furniture industry, transportation, and associated equipment
- Ability to drive bobtails and vans
- Requires working independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment without supervisory assistance.
- Basic math skills required.
- Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, driving, lifting up to 100 pounds and carrying up to 70 pounds. Must be able to climb up into and down from delivery trucks, and walk up and down ramps where required.
- All Drivers are subject to Random and Post-Accident Controlled Substance and Alcohol Testing.
Regularly works with others either face-to-face or verbally; works inside or outside and around mechanical equipment and moving objects. May be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around electrical equipment, fumes/odors and/or dirt/dust. Generally works around loud noises such as, trucks, forklifts, and power hand tools.
Job Status – Non-Exempt