Receives, unloads and installs (assembles) systems furniture (modular) and freestanding furniture. Ensures accurate and timely installation of products in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Assist in the loading, unloading and occasional transportation of furniture
Install (assemble) furniture – both modular and freestanding, in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications
Identify and develop product lists, from blueprints, necessary to complete installations.
Install furniture in compliance with design specifications.
- Provide fine-tuning of furniture upon completion of installation, ie; cleaning, wiping down and leveling.
Take direction from Lead Installer and Supervisor for loading, transport, unloading, staging, stripping, assemble and movement of furniture
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanical ability with knowledge of hand/power tools
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must have reliable transportation in order to work at job sites throughout the Bay Area
- Ability to read and interpret furniture installation drawings and blueprints desired
- Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, driving, lifting up to 100 pounds and carrying up to 50 pounds. Must be able to climb up into and down from delivery trucks, and walk up and down ramps where required.
Works around dust and dirt, May be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around electrical equipment, fumes/odors and/or dirt/dust. Generally works around loud noises such as, trucks, forklifts, and power hand tools.
Job Status – Non-Exempt