Responsible for loading and unloading the trucks with products needed for the Installation team. Will also properly dispose of waste and debris.
- Unload, sort, organize, inventory, and tag product on trucks. Dispose of debris in proper disposal bins in the warehouse.
- Remove from carton, blanket wrap and load product on delivery trucks or trailers in the appropriate sequence. Will use pads, cardboard, plywood, straps, etc. to ensure the product is protected from damage and securely in place for the trip to the client location.
- Move bobtails from yard to dock and back for loading/unloading. Assist in field driving to deliver product and materials to jobsites as needed.
- Review product delivery tickets and verify quantities against order pulled and staged for delivery for accuracy.
- Inspect all cartons and blanket wrapped product for visible damage or missing hardware. Ensure product is in “ready for delivery condition”.
- Will immediately report all truck, equipment and/or product damages or discrepancies to Swing Shift Lead.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area at all times. Ensure appropriate safety measures are taken when lifting and/or moving heavy product.
- Perform daily inspections on trucks, equipment and tools.
High School diploma or general education degree; 1 year previous experience in warehouse operations and/or the furniture installation industry
- Ability to operate a forklift and other power equipment
- Familiarity with operating non-power equipment (pallet jacks, carts, hand trucks) within the warehouse
- Must be able to qualify as a professional driver and have a valid California Driver’s License along with insurance
- Must be able to work a swing shift
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good reading skills along with basic math skills
- Requires attention to detail and ability to verify quantities
- Basic PC skills helpful
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds consistently
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices
- Ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck
Regularly works with others. Generally works in a warehouse environment with moderate noise and changing temperature conditions.
Job Status – Non-Exempt