Construction Billing Specialist
Manages all activities related to the monthly billing of assigned construction contracts.
- Reviews construction contracts for billing instructions and special conditions to ensure compliance with orders.
- Responsible to collect and provide appropriate documentation – such as insurance certification, prevailing wage labor reports, and lien releases.
- Prepares progress invoices, monitors system invoices and maintains billing files.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Accounts Receivable to make any necessary adjustments to invoices, such as change orders and retention adjustments
- Analyze retainage and unbilled retainage; compare compensation against contract amount
- Manage billing reconciliation and report on contract status
- Maintain and review billing log as necessary
- Investigate and resolve billing issues to ensure projects are billed and payment is collected within the appropriate timeframe
- Perform other assignments as necessary
At least 2 years of experience performing progress billing to general contractors. Experience working in a construction or sub building trade company desired.
- Working knowledge of general and/or construction accounting principles
- General understanding of business practices, structures and philosophies
- Knowledge of time and materials billing, progress billing, conditional waivers and lien release processing
- Must have ability to apply logical reasoning, creative problem solving and sound business judgment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products with intermediate Excel skills
- Must be self-motivated with ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently with moderate supervision
- Must be able to effectively work with strict deadlines
Seeing, hearing/listening, complex reading and simple writing, basic math skills, judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension
Regularly works with others face to face, via email or over the phone. Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise.
Job Status - Exempt