Sr. Interior Designer Sunnyvale, Ca
Collaborates with onsite client to advise optimal design solutions that reﬂect expression of placemaking - creating communities that inspire innovation, promote well-being and wonder, and just feel right. End users should have freedom of self-expression and ownership, feeling both anchored by a sense of place in their work and in the world around them.
Work spaces must be inherently ﬂexible, adapting quickly and over time, to accommodate a wide range
of activities and ﬂexibility. Must be committed to creating the highest performing work environments possible by delivering projects that foster both employee productivity, health, comfort and happiness.
High level of creativity and ability to design solutions that achieve relevant, high performing workplaces truly reﬂecting client’s unique culture with a focus on agile work environments, ancillary furniture, graphic wall applications, paint, and other aesthetic ﬁnishes and treatments.
Scope covers small-to-medium sized projects, refreshes, Day 2 re-designs. Key working relationships are with Occupancy Planners, Business Unit contacts, and designated client real estate partners, as well as with other external vendors as required. End-to-end ownership, from point of approved space plan through execution. Well-rounded professional with ability to be creative, as well as ﬁscally responsible. Must possess eﬀective presentation skills and business case justiﬁcation.
- Maintain knowledge of the product oﬀerings in use, in inventory, and/or on the market in order to make the best possible recommendation for the project scope
- Analyze overall project performance data to determine optimization/improvement opportunities
- Manage selections of furnishings and materials to meet the client’s needs, budget, and timeline
- Cultivate partnership relationships among clients, onsite vendors, manufacturer reps and with pertinent internal One Workplace teams
- Quote, track and maintain design/furniture budget
- Looked to for solutions that are highly creative, innovative and cutting-edge
- Passionately creative and progressive
- Responsible for making informed decisions, exercising prudent judgment with minimal guidance
- Works independently in situations that are fast-paced with frequent (tight?) deadlines, constant interruptions and changing priorities
- Advanced proﬁciency in a variety of software: AutoCAD, 20/20 CAP, Hedberg, Google Slides, Google Docs, GMail, with understanding of graphic design
- Ability to run multiple, myriad projects in commercial environments
- Thorough knowledge of project management practices and ability to juggle multiple deliverables to meet/exceed deadlines; Work is very detail-oriented
- Exceptional customer relationship skills with ability to provide solutions for an assortment of client needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Interior or Architectural Design
- 7+ years interior design / space planning related experience
- Experience with digital and traditional forms of design communication skills
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a furniture dealership desired
- Leed Certiﬁcation
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and ﬁnger dexterity, and ability to move distances within and between warehouses/oﬃces, ability to get to project sites
- Ability to work on site full-time
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension
- Proﬁcient in English language (reading, writing, speaking)
- Regularly works onsite with others face-to-face, as well as via call-in meetings and email
- Generally, works in a fast-paced, fun oﬃce environment with moderate noise
- Nature of work may require some time spent out of the oﬃce, local travel