Provides direct supervision of level I & II Installers to ensure successful completion of all furniture installations in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications and client satisfaction.
- Plan, organize and control all furniture installations assigned by schedulers.
- Maintain all company paperwork required per job, to include field change orders and exception reports.
- Communicates all field issues (crew status, material and equipment needs or changes) to dispatch as they occur.
- Coordinate and supervise all labor (Installers) assigned by scheduling.
- Ensure all personnel are consistently educated/trained in the proper assembly, disassembly, loading and unloading of furniture in accordance with manufactures specifications, company and departmental processes, procedures and standards of performance.
- Attend and coordinate all pre and post installation project meetings and ensure accurate coordination of other trades in conjunction with installation.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED), some college preferred, ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must attend and pass Steelcase lead certification program (DWCI) within one year of employment as a Lead
- Ability to read and interpret furniture installation drawings and blueprints
- Requires an understanding of budgeting and quote perimeters to develop job plans and manpower needs
- Mechanical ability with knowledge of hand/power tools
- Must be able to direct and lead others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Project
- Ability to use barcode readers and scanners
- Good organizational skills
- Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, driving, lifting up to 100 pounds and carrying up to 50 pounds. Must be able to climb up into and down from delivery trucks, and walk up and down ramps where required.
Works around dust and dirt, May be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around electrical equipment, fumes/odors and/or dirt/dust. Generally works around loud noises such as, trucks, forklifts, and power hand tools.
Job Status – Non-Exempt