Industrial Product Design Engineer Intern –
Pair - San Francisco
The Industrial Product Design Intern will be responsible for assisting in designing, developing, and maintaining various products/product families. A successful candidate appreciates the requirement of aesthetic design in the context of the shape, style, manufacturability and overall appearance of a high-quality commercial furniture. This will require cross functional coordination activities both at Pair’s external contract manufacturers and within internal functional groups.
- Provide assistance to design team members in developing and sustaining products and Solidwork models and production drawings
- Assist with oversite of production for prototypes and projects. Assess quality of prototypes for production runs and test for failure to comply with production and quality specifications
- Interface with internal team members and manufacturing partners to maintain product performance, ensure quality of product, enhance product yield, and can clearly and confidently communicate the issues to management.
- Will collect and analyze data and report on key quality, reliability and cost metrics
College education with concentration in Design or Engineering or a related technical discipline required.
- Basic Solidworks modeling, hand sketching, and rapid ideation
- Understanding of basic manufacturing methods common in the commercial furniture industry, especially metal and millwork and general hardware knowledge
- Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems; review internal and suppliers’ root cause problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Can communicate effectively and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Owns the time management skills to be able to prioritize and complete multiple projects with overlapping deadlines; ability to work autonomously on deadline driven projects
- Stand and sit for extended periods; operate computers, and other ancillary office equipment
- Simple reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making, analysis/comprehension
- Generally works in an office environment with moderate noise
- Ability to lift boxes or items up to 50 pounds
- May require some regional travel
Job Status- Non-Exempt