Responsible for the timely and accurate shipping, receiving and physical movement of product to and from storage locations.
- Performs accurate pulls and puts product away.
- Inspects cartons/product for damages and notes on receiving paperwork.
- Reads and processes work orders to customer requirements.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance of physical inventories.
- Enters proper information into automated hand held unit to ensure proper inventory updates.
- Cleans, stages and tags product for outgoing orders.
- Loads (lift, maneuver) and moves (push, pull) product though warehouse and into/from trailers.
- Maintains a safe work area by sweeping, dusting, and removing (picking up) waste material.
- Verifies and signs for deliveries at receiving dock.
- Assembles product to client specifications.
- May assist in training of new employees.
- Fully complies with the company’s safety instructions and procedures, including timely reporting of any accidents, injuries or incidents involving physical injury or illness.
Additionally for Asset Team:
- Verifies received quantities of product and physically sorts and counts products by like item to ensure accurate inventory.
- Create, edit and maintain detailed client asset inventory reports to include dimensional characteristics, unique item conditions and vendor codes.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1+ years previous experience in warehouse and/or inventory control operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified, or ability to be certified for forklift and order picker operation (2+ years stand-up forklift experience preferred)
- Familiar with operating non-power equipment (pallet jacks, carts, hand trucks)
- Familiar with quality standards and inspection techniques
- Good organizational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be able to work under pressure in deadline driven situations
Additionally for Asset Team:
- Knowledge of multiple office furniture systems, including assembly, terminology and functionality. Experience with Steelcase products desired
- Knowledge of or ability to learn asset management software
- Familiar with MS Office programs
- Experience with web based and catalog resources to identify all required specifics for client assets
Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
Generally works in a warehouse environment with moderate noise, changing temperatures,
and around mechanical equipment and moving objects. May be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around dirt/dust.
Job Status – Non-Exempt