Production Manager - Pair
The ideal Production Manager with Pair is responsible for communicating with and planning with the company’s supply chain to support the manufacturer of the company’s product line. Some duties included are: meeting the safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals of the company, as well as to meet customer delivery dates. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
- Must have good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity engineering methods, the quality system, manufacturing technology, capacity analysis, and safety requirements.
- Must be market focused to enhance customer satisfaction and product development.
- Familiarity with common production materials and production processes: wood, plastic, metal, upholster techniques.
- Knowledgeable about material yields to ensure efficient usage.
- Familiarity with furniture and/or high-quality production methods.
- Collaborate with engineering and design to honor design intent and at the same time as minimizing production costs.
- Maintain consistent production process reviews with fabricators to ensure correct methods for quality and cost are being used.
- Point person for development and execution of prototype and mock up production, partner with internal teams from design, engineering and production.
- Oversee quality of output and quality from fabricators to meet or exceed Pair quality parameters.
- Seek continual improvements in design, production, material utilization and shipment.
- Must demonstrate initiative, tolerance for stress and be adaptable.
- Being able to collaborate effectively with engineering, operations, and design functions to manage production sites in multiple locations at the same time.
- Ability to problem solve manufacturing issues on the spot; coming up with creative ways to fix problems under short time frames.
- BA/BS in Business, Operations, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience;
- 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated track record managing plant operations, setting and achieving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Profit/Loss performance objectives.
- Strong knowledge of Lean with experience implementing Lean principles and methods.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Requires good verbal/written communication skills to deal effectively with employees, staff departments and vendors.
Physical Requirements: Seeing, hearing, color perception, clear speech; complex reading and writing, basic math skills. Regularly works alone in office around moderate noise and with others in person, over the phone and via email.
Job Status – Exempt