Audio Visual Field Commissioning Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
Supports Technology Division by providing leadership on complex audio and video systems. Provides implementation and commissioning of AV systems from inception to completion.
System Commissioning Tasks
- Perform system testing and calibration for proper performance that will include; execute documented test procedures both in house and on site, load, test and troubleshoot control programming systems, calibration of video and audio equipment to meet customer requirements
- Configure all installed devices pursuant to design package specification and to their optimal settings.
- Write, load, configure, and EQ Basic Control & complex DSP source files.
- Thoroughly test and force-fail all systems for quality control purposes both in-house and on-site.
- Communicate regularly with Design Engineers, Lead Installers and Project Manager as to conditions with the systems or troubleshooting continuum performed.
- Open service tickets and troubleshoot hardware issues with manufacturers
- Demonstrate system settings and conditions upon completion of system commissioning to Project Manager and end users.
- Communicate directly with assigned Systems Design Engineer regarding system operational questions or concerns.
- Red-line system design packages with site/condition changes.
- Create local area networks for the sole purposes of communication amongst devices separate from the customer network infrastructure
- Create WLANs for wireless communication of devices.
- Configure VOIP SIP credentials
- Communicate via email and phone with client IT staff members regarding specific system requirements, problems, potential short-term and long-term issues, etc.
- Provide technical support for integration team and service technicians as requested to help resolve complex technical problems, including the facilitation of programming and/or equipment configuration changes
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ direct experience in the field of audio visual and/or broadcast integration
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering, design and commissioning role
- Past installation, CAD and control programming experience preferred
- ICIA InfoComm CTS and CTS-D certification preferred
- Up to date familiarity with commercial audio visual, videoconferencing and broadcast manufacturers of equipment
- Certifications in Extron, Crestron, Shure, Cisco, Polycom, BiAmp, ClearOne, Auditnate, and others as needed
- Ability to work independently in situations that are fast-paced with frequent deadlines
- Responsible for making decisions and exercising prudent judgment with minimal guidance
- Must be detail oriented
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, and hand and finger dexterity
- Ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices
- Driving, pushing/pulling and ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Complex reading and writing, basic math skills required
- Regularly works with others and has both face-to-face and verbal contact with clients and other vendors. But can work alone at times
- Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise
- May work around moving objects, mechanical, electrical, and pressurized equipment
- Nature of work can require intermittent, unusual hours, travel and time spent out of the office