Santa Clara, CA
The Design Consultant Lead works with Design Leadership to set and implement strategy and direction for the organization as it relates to design direction and creative engagement. The Design Consultant Lead is responsible for internally marketing and promoting high level design engagements and creative services within One Workplace Sales Franchises, and externally organizing consultation opportunities with customers.
The Design Consultant Lead provides high-level and high-touch solutions for clients often requiring creative problem solving, design thinking, and a deep understanding of the clients’ organization, mission, or business. Leads design projects that involve direct contact with sales staff, project managers and/or clients of One Workplace and engages clients in forward thinking discussions and activities as they work to create inspiring interior spaces.
The Design Consultant Lead also assists the Design Leadership and Management team with mentoring a team of Designers.
- Work with Design Leadership to set and implement design approach and strategy
- Promote One Workplace’s creative engagement approach internally and externally
- Collaborate with One Workplace Sales and Design team members to develop product solutions and curate furniture
- Work side-by-side with One Workplace Creative Leads to shape design vision and implement internal and external projects
- Lead creative and project efforts for assigned team and/or clients
- Lead creative engagement workshops and presentations
- Meet with customers to gather project information (surveys, interviews, data collection, observations)
- Coach and mentor team members. Focus on development of relevant skills and knowledge
- Continuous improvement of client engagement methods with an emphasis on service innovation
- Curate a library of ancillary and decorative items
- Help inform the product discovery process, working with the Strategic Sourcing Manager to establish new relationships with vendors and manufacturers.
- Develop strategic relationships with manufacturers and fabricators
- Ownership of project deliverables; presentations, look-books, furniture budgets, specifications, validation package
- Strong understanding of customer service; both internal and external
- Participate in industry events to keep product/service knowledge current. Present to the team findings and share trends
- Design Degree from an accredited program (MFA, MBA or equivalent) is preferred
- 10 - 15 years’ design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate or Associate Principal from an A&D firm desired
- Certifications for NCIDQ, CID, LEED, WELL AP, EDAC, or similar are highly desirable
- Knowledge of Steelcase products a plus
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel is required
- Experience in additional software ideal: Photoshop, CAD
- Must have understanding and passion for interior design and ability to represent the One Workplace brand
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple programs at a time to deliver on deadline
- Exceptional Customer Service skills with a passion to provide solutions to meet the client’s needs
- Product knowledge; excellent customer service skills; professional oral and written communication skills; strong organizational and time management skills; basic math skills; attention to detail; self-motivation; resourcefulness; ability to function in team environment; positive and professional attitude.
- Advanced proficiency in a variety of software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Premier)
- Knowledge of corporate workplace strategies and Human Centered design, with an interest in influencing corporate work environments that impact daily lives through engaging and fulfilling workspaces
- Ownership for team members professional development and growth with ability to advocate for team members
- Ability to facilitate collaborations with internal and external leaders
- Must be committed to understanding the need for and producing accurate work in an expedient manner
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and creatively solve complex challenges.
- Must be self-motivated and extremely organized, with good time management skills and the ability to work independently to deliver on deadline
- High degree of empathy and the ability understand issues from the perspective of others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting to or leading large groups of people
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to provide friendly, professional service to One Workplace staff and clients
- Graphic design ability is highly desirable
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for interior design, fabrics, space planning and graphics
- Ability travel to client sites around the Bay Area
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgement/decision making, analysis/comprehension
- Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email
- Generally, works in an office environment with moderate noise
- Nature of work may require time spent out of the office