Healthcare Preconstruction Project Manager
Construction Solutions Division
Responsible for providing preconstruction project management support on multiple healthcare projects that include patient care and medical office buildings or clinical offices.
- Assist in permit reference drawing sets and coordination as required and based on jurisdictional requirements.
- Collaborate with the design team members throughout the preconstruction phases. Includes coordination of the prefab scope of work as it relates to the remaining trades to insure no gaps or overlaps in the project documents and budget
- Develop ROMs (rough order of magnitude) budgets early in the design process. Includes analyzing drawings and preforming a takeoff to provide a detailed budget.
- Continued budget development for defined scope of work as project progresses through the design. Will be responsible to reconcile budgets throughout the Preconstruction phases whether the contract is a GMP or negotiated contract.
- Review of all project documents including drawings, specifications and technical documents from each trade/manufacture to insure constructibility and coordination.
- Project Schedule creation and coordination with the GC/Design Build Contractor to properly reflect a prefab approach. Attend pull schedule meetings as defined by the project team.
- Contract review for preconstruction services and subcontract agreements.
- Collaborate with Healthcare Preconstruction Team Lead and project designer to develop client documentation, including formal pricing presentations, project design scopes.
- Assist in the coordination of all owner supplied FFE components
- Review project requirements including budget and schedule with the construction project managers for quality control prior to project hand-off.
- Interface with vendors and prepare documentation to insure proper budgeting is included as well as coordination with vendors to insure constructability reviews.
- Research manufacturers and products and work closely with CSD Design team to strategically plan and develop client specific solutions.
- Research and recruitment of new sub-contractors and vendors as required for design build applications.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college in construction management, engineering or architectural design
Minimum of 7-10 years’ related experience and/or training in healthcare design and planning; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Revit, CAD, scheduling/estimating software and Procore experience preferred, LEED and Well Building certification desired, as well as prior experience in the healthcare design and construction industry including project schedule building, coordination and management and project budgeting/estimating for tenant improvement projects
Experience with Prefabrication/offsite, design build and IPD process is also desired
- Results oriented, persistent in maintaining focus on accomplishments; respects need to balance short and long-term goals
- Full understanding of a design assist approach for full integration into the preconstruction process.
- Complete understanding of OSHPD design standards for both clinical and patient care Facilities and title 24 to assist the design and precon team throughout the process.
- Must have a good understanding of unit costing and square foot costs
- Ability to foster and leverage relationships. Comfortable interfacing with clients, architects, general contractors, subcontractors, vendors and internal staff.
- Must be extremely organized, with good time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Must be able to analyze and problem solve, even with significant ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to successfully present products and services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel desired
- Must be assertive and have strong sense of urgency
- General understanding of furniture product utilization, including architectural integration with the ability to manage small to medium projects.
- Proven sales ability and general understanding of business practice, pricing and discounting
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client locations
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgement/decision making, analysis/comprehension
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds
- Regularly works with others face to face, over the phone and through email
- Generally works in an office environment with moderate noise
- Nature of work may require time spent out of the office