Verify, load, transport and deliver furniture products as assigned by a Dispatcher. Ensure proper placement and assembly, if required, of all furniture in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications and client expectations. Remove and return product, as directed.
- Delivers furniture and related office products to clients and picks up furniture product being returned.
- Loads installation trucks if not preloaded. Inspects each piece of furniture for damage and ensures that pieces match what has been scheduled for delivery or pick up.
- Assembles and cleans furniture, as needed, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and specifications. Cleans up and removes packaging and shipping materials from clients’ workspaces when delivery job is completed, unless product has been turned over to an Installation crew.
- Inspects all furniture authorized for pick-up, documents any product being returned that is not covered by delivery tickets, and delivers returned product to the appropriate area in the furniture warehouse with proper documentation.
- Inspects delivery vehicle on a daily pre-trip and post-trip basis and completes the Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report. Operates the delivery vehicle in full compliance with Federal, State and local traffic laws. Promptly reports any accidents involving injury, death or property damage in accordance with company policies.
- Reports all discrepancies or exceptions for delivery or pick up instructions, initially by phone and then by clear, accurate documentation on delivery tickets or other delivery/pick instructions.
- Performs a variety of other non-delivery duties, as assigned, which may include unloading trucks, storing furniture in warehouse, inventory of product and assembly or repair of furniture.
- Correctly and safely uses tools, equipment and cleaning supplies. Driver will be responsible for maintaining assigned equipment and tools and protecting them from damage or loss.
- Fully complies with the company's safety instructions and procedures, including timely reporting of any accidents, injuries or incidents involving physical injury or illness. Will operate only equipment for which the person has been trained and authorized to operate.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years driving experience. Minimum of 25 years old or older to operate vehicle per our Company insurance requirement.
- Must be able to qualify as a Professional Driver. All Drivers must have a current, valid California Driver’s License of the Class proper to the job. Ability to read maps, diagrams and blueprints of delivery locations; write clearly regarding products and delivery situations; be able to complete Vehicle Accident Reports.
- Class A and Class B Drivers must be able to qualify as a Commercial Driver, (CDL’s) and hold a current, valid Class A or Class B California Driver’s License. Class C Drivers (non-CDL’s) must hold a current, valid Class C California Driver’s License. All Drivers must be able to operate vehicles in compliance with all DMV rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and document all information required on furniture delivery or pick-up orders, lead and be able to oversee the work of one to five Helper level employees, and clearly communicate on delivery problems and issues, both orally and in writing.
- All Drivers must be able to successfully complete the Driver Qualification Process, including background checks, driving history evaluations, and satisfy the training requirements necessary for Certification as a Professional Driver.
- Requires working independently and as a member of a team. Able to exercise independent judgment without supervisory assistance.
- Basic math skills required.
- Seeing, color and depth perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to mount and dismount forklift/truck, pushing/pulling, driving, lifting up to 100 pounds and carrying up to 70 pounds. Must be able to climb up into and down from delivery trucks, and walk up and down ramps where required.
- Class A and Class B Drivers must be able to pass Driver Qualification physicals (DOT Medical Exams). All Drivers are subject to Random and Post-Accident Controlled Substance and Alcohol Testing.
Regularly works with others either face-to-face or verbally; works inside or outside and around mechanical equipment and moving objects. May be required to work different shifts and work hours; may work alone or with a team; in moderate heat or cold, around electrical equipment, fumes/odors and/or dirt/dust. Generally works around loud noises such as, trucks, forklifts, and power hand tools.
Job Status – Non-Exempt